Monday, September 2, 2013

TGIF - Pizza + This Is Us


Me on the right & Helena on the left


3D glasses - wish 1D had customized ones like Justin Bieber did!



Friday night was amazing to say the least. Helena, one of my closest friends and a fellow directioner, and I planned this day for weeks with so much anticipation for the premiere of This Is Us, One Direction's documentary. As Helena's a bigger fan than I am, she managed to convince me to have a girl's night with a dinner and movie premiere.

After painfully finishing my first AP Econ test of the year and an extremely sweaty volleyball practice, I met up with Helena and we managed to look fabulous without a shower. We decided head downtown for a authentic Italian pizza at Three Palms Pizzeria. There we were sat at the bar (we're 16???) and we ordered a yummy Polpettina pizza with sliced meatballs, San Marzano tomato, and fresh mozzarella cheese.

The constant chatter between us and Helena's occasional glance at her Candy Crush game during dinner allowed the time to slip away from us. We arrived a little late at the movie theater but nevertheless, we were so, so, SO pumped to finally watch the documentary. Running into theater #15, we ripped our 3D glasses out of the plastic wrapper and found a decent seat a couple of rows from the top. Thankfully, the previews were still on so we hadn't missed anything.

The film was incredibly enjoyable minus the screaming pre-teen girls sitting in the front half of the theater. I applaud the editing especially during the concert clips which included shows from the most famous arenas in the world—Madison Square Garden and the O2 Arena. For those of you who haven't gotten a chance to see it, I won't ruin anything for you although so many clips have already been released!

As for makeup, I kept it simple with a light layer of foundation, some powder, and bronzer. I skipped eyeshadow and added a medium coat of mascara with black tightlining. To finish off the look I applied some of my favorite Korres Wild Rose lip butter.

Let me know what you thought of This Is Us!
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment